Breaking News

TELL MY SON TO HOLD ON TO HIS GUN



     My father and I Lived in a village Dawohoso. The population was about five hundred and the majority of them were cocoa farmers.My father owned the biggest cocoa farm,Which made him the richest man in the village.By nature,My future had a warm,frank and open personality.
     He had a broad mind and was highly respected.This was because hes generous to everyone,especially the old and the needy.I was two years old when my mother went to farm alone one day and never returned.
    It was believed that she was killed by a human-looking killer beast which had had terrorized  the thick forest long before i was born.At age sixty-two,my father was still strong enough to cultivate his cocoa farm.
    In order for me to take over from him some day,my father started sending me to the farm when i was only six years old.Within  ten years,I was able to handle the gun like an adult.
    As for the weeding,no matter how hard i tired,I never could keep pace with my father.
 One Saturday,at dawn,i had a dream about the killer beast.He had attacked three hunters in the forest but one had escaped,and when he was about  to tell a story to people who had gathered around him,my father knocked on my door.

  "Atoapoma,"he sometimes called me by the appellation of my real name,Kwame,"get prepared and let go to the farm,"i looked out through the window and the sky had cleared slightly.I stretched my body to its full length on the bed and wondered why we were going  to the farm two hours earlier that morning.I meekly nodded and stood up obediently.

No comments